New Delhi: The problem of neck pain is increasing rapidly in India these days and the biggest reason for this is our working lifestyle i.e. working lifestyle. Work from home culture has increased this problem even more. These days people are inclined to take computers, laptops or mobiles and many times they work for hours in the same position without breaking. It has the worst effect on your neck. Neck pain due to poor body balance and posure (Neck pain). If you ignore it as a normal pain and do not get treatment in time, then this problem can cause many more serious diseases.
Neck pain occurs due to these reasons
1. Muscle Stretch Wrong posture, tension in the neck muscles due to frequent desk work without changing positions, lack of proper neck position while sleeping, or a sharp jerk in the neck while exercising. Neck Strain comes and due to this, intense pain is felt.
2. Any kind of injury- If you fall, have a car accident, or have an injury during sports, then there is a higher risk of neck injury during this time, because the neck muscles and ligaments are more than normal in this type of injury. Shakes with force. A sudden jerk in the head can also cause neck pain.
3. Heart attack You will be surprised to know, but neck pain is also a symptom of heart attack. However, this is not the only symptom because along with neck pain, you will feel symptoms like shortness of breath, sweating, nausea, vomiting, arm or jaw pain.
4. Meningitis- It is a brain disease in which inflammation occurs in the tissues around the brain and spinal cord. Patients suffering from this disease complain of fever and headache as well as neck pain and stiffness. Instead of ignoring the symptoms as normal, see a doctor immediately.
5. Other reasons- Neck pain can also be caused by diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, spondylitis, spinal stenosis, etc.
What to do to avoid neck pain
– Keep your posher always right. While sitting or standing, keep in mind that your shoulders are in the straight line above your hips and your ears are just above your shoulder.
No matter what work you do, do not stay too long in any one position. If you are sitting upright then do not sit in the same way for hours, be slightly up, down, right, left. Get up from your place once every 20-25 minutes and shake the neck and shoulders.
Take full care of your body, exercise daily, run, lie down, do stretching, do yoga and do exercises that relax your neck pain.
– Adjust your desk, chair and computer according to your body so that it stays at your eye level and place your hand on the handle of the chair.
– If you smoke, it also increases the risk of developing neck pain, so quit smoking.